Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I accidently blurted out the L(ove) Word! Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

On New Years day, I finally tracked down my pals Chris and Jen who had lived (sorta) through Portland with me for a while. We all pretty much immediately ended up laying on their kitchen floor, talking about how great living in Nebraska is. I was so happy to be there, dressed in the black sweatsuit my Mom gave me for Christmas. We reminisced about the good old days of driving up to Marquam Hill and singing along to the Blizzard of Oz cassette that came with their car for a long time. I kept adding coffee to the community 60 oz horchata I had procured earlier that morning that neither of them even pretended to be interested in. Then, Jen gave me this!!! Handcrafted love! This is when I told Jen that I love her. Such a bold step, I know. Really though, craftsmanship AND poetry. I feel like the luckiest girl. Then, Jen told me they are getting MARRIED! Best couple ever, pretty much. And they are letting me be a bridesmaid in the wedding this summer. And the theme is 20s flapper girl. I am rereading the Great Gatsby for the 39th time in their honor. And obviously, eating disorders are in full swing.