Wednesday, February 11, 2009

While I was away....................


It's been a really weird weekend this week and I have had a lot of ups and downs. Let me explain this by playing a little game my friend Megsie introduced to me in her last letter. It's called Proud/Not Proud and I am so proud of her for inventing it. Okay so here is what I have to say for myself. Saturday: Ran 10 miles really early in the morning (Proud!) Talked to my friend Jen on the phone (Proud!) Considered taking out a second library card to avoid paying my ever growing fine for losing the complete third season of Family Guy (Proud, at first and then really Not Proud) Phone dies in middle of conversation while I am half way to the supermarket (Not Proud) It is dead because I wanted to have my phone in my bed so I wouldn't have to get up and walk on the cold floor to turn the alarm off (Proud of plan, Not Proud of consequences) Tried to explain myself to a bum (Not Proud) Got into a long conversation about why he feels the continent is about to strip itself of borders and the U.S., Canada and Mexico are all going to be one thing and something blah, blah, blah(So Unproud) Told him I am unemployed and live on oatmeal (Proud) Hid my Whole Foods bags behind my back (Proud) Let him explain to me for a very long time how easy it would be for me to become a pot dealer (Unproud) Became sort of convinced (Unproud) Asked him if by 225 he meant two hundred and twenty five (Unproud) Told him I would read up on a raw food diet (Proud) gave him a high five (Proud) Came down really hard on my tail bone when I was sliding off the newspaper vending machine I was sitting on during the lecture (Unproud) Gave him one more high five for pretending not to notice the way I nailed myself on the metal box (Proud) Realized it was probably a good idea to try to start over, made an amazing plan (Proud) Decided to buy a box of Nutter Butters (Proud) Change back into my pajamas (Proud) make some coffee I got at the shop I worked at in college (So Proud) and watch Rushmore with my dog laying on my collarbone (Proud) Fell asleep spooning Gambit(Proud, I taught him that!) and woke up two hours later throwing up and really thinking that I had been poisoned by the fake peanut butter in the cookies (Unproud) Fell asleep on my bath mat wearing pink running shorts from high school and clutching a book about raising ducks in urban areas (It's kinda half and half, the ducks were really cool but if anyone would have walked in and saw me my reputation as a totally awesome person would have been wrecked) Woke up on Sunday morning and realized I had missed a call at 6:30 pm on a Saturday night because I was fake poisoned by peanut shaped sandwich cookies(Unproud), missed a text to go to a free hip hop dance party at a bar in my neighborhood with the dudes (Unproud) and wouldn't in a million years be able to make it to secret catholic club with Quentin (Unproud) Texted Q and told him and Aaron to pray for me (Proud) Went bed in my bed instead of my bathmat (Proud) Missed The New York Times and whiskey with Q (Unproud)Missed waffles with my brother and the babies (Unproud) Went to Pilates (Proud) Called Maud and listened to a story about making a pot roast (Proud) I think things are going to be a lot better for this lady this week. Proof you ask? Let me explain that by the numbers:
Number of dollars I found running in Washington Park this morning: 1
Number of nickels I found in my jacket: 1
Number of Salt Bagels I bought for 1.05: 1
Number of high fives Gambit offered me, without me asking: 879
Number of seconds it took him to eat his half: 2
Number of people I saw before 9am with eye patches:2
Can't argue with the cold, hard numbers. This is my Week!