Friday, May 22, 2009

Airports Make Me Feel Like a Prisoner


After a grand fair well with Spencer, I waved from the train and settled in for my commute to Newark to head home. As the doors slid shut I realized I was departing from JFK and had to claw myself out and run like hell to get a cab. Luckily I ran into Spencer in the lobby of Penn Station so he kept me company until I could find a driver willing to take me clear to JFK. I rolled my eyes at myself and crumpled the ticket I had just bought for the train into my pocket. The ride took forever and I had to cling to the shirttails of an angry Portland mom to fight my way onto the plane in time for take off. After eating wasabi peas all day, peanuts were a nice change and as filling as a Thanksgiving dinner at that point in my desperation to wriggle free from the airport. Crazy Portland mom lady kept saying "This is my last time in this bullshit city". I think she has a good point.